Tuesday, January 10, 2012

100 Strangers Project Part 4

Meet Zoé Upjohn:
Meet my strangers, part 4: Zoé Upjohn. Zoé is from Geneva, Switzerland. She is on vacation with her parents in Montréal for the next 8 months. They have only been in Montréal a week now. Her mom is on teacher sabbatical so they will stay here and hang out with her older sister who lives in Montréal. Zoé is only 9 years old, doesnt speak English so our shoot was translated by her mom. She told me that she was taught to skate by her older sister when she was 7 years old. Her favourite thing so far about Montréal are the huge ice rinks because she said in Geneva they only skate on a small lake. These photos were taken in Parc La Fontaine while I was also on skates. It was my first shoot on skates and it was extremely difficult but here is what I managed to capture while trying to keep my balance. To visit my website please go to http://cargocollective.com/alisonslatteryphotography








I especially love these as you can see Zoé's parents in the background. Many thanks to Zoé and her family for letting me be snap happy today.