Thursday, January 5, 2012

100 Strangers Project Part 1

Today I started a new project. I am going to take photos of 100 strangers. I get a rough 5 min window depending on how willing they are to take a picture and ask them about themselves. So today I began and it was a little scary just walking up to someone and telling them about my project in hopes they would be willing to let me photograph them.

Meet my strangers, Part 1: Jonathan Gagné and Michele Belzile. Both Jonathan and Michele live in Montréal. They have been dating for the past 6 months but they have been friends for 10 years. Jonathan is a construction worker here in Montréal working also in the cold harsh winters that the city offers. Michele is studying at UQAM and works part time as a waitress downtown to help pay for school. This photo was taken at Lac Castor on Mont Royal.