Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Montmorency Falls, Quebec

Chute Montmorency
The falls are 275ft high and 150 ft wide, making them about a 100 ft higher than Niagara. The falls are are the mouth of the Montmorency river and flow into the St Lawrence river. The falls are not far from the city, roughly a 20min bus ride which you can catch outside the Viarail train station, I believe its the 800 bus and costs $3 each way.



Check out how large the cables are.


I have no idea how the stair cases stay secure. I felt like there could be a possible slide at any moment and it was a long way down. Did I mention how windy it was?





465 steps up and down. My arse was definitely sore after this, but what a great work out.





Rainbows everywhere. I tried to get myself into the middle of the rainbow but those rocks were too slippy and my camera was soaked from the spray.

 The spray from the falls.
 ©Alison Slattery. All Rights Reserved.