Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Dreaming of Home!


There's no place like home, there's no place like home, if only I could click my red converse three times to take me back. I miss the green, everything is green, all the time, even the post boxes are green. Don't get me wrong, I love Montreal's snow and Ireland craves the snow over Christmas, but as we all know too well, too much of something and you want the opposite.
I took these photos on my last trip home, which to date was a year and seven months ago. I can't wait to step foot on home soil again this summer. I miss the endless fields, the crisp Irish air, the smells of turf burning in the fireplaces, the beaches with their neverending supply of sand and waves, the chatter of my neighbours, the aul geezers sipping their pints of Guinness, the smell of fresh cut grass, the smells of fresh bread from my granny's kitchen and most of all my family.
Ireland, I look forward to meeting you again, but until then I will have to stare at these.
Fingers crossed it doesn't lash the entire time I am there.

Above: A typical pub in Ballybunion. Above: The beaches of Ballybunion. Above: Adare Castle and Ross Castle. Above: A drive through the Gap Of Dunloe. Above: My cousin Michael. Above: A look inside Crag Cave. Above: My sister Emma hanging out in the garden. Above: The view from our deck. Above: My Nanny, John Joe (RIP) and Bernie. Above: Hanging out with Nanny Knock. Above: Neighbour Bryan and my Dad.